07 September 2010

On Loss

on loss.

Not loss in the sense of death. If that were the case, this wouldn't be slightly entertaining.
But in a way, loss, recently, has come and gone for me. I'm always "losing" money. I make money, too, yes, but i lose it just as efficiently.

last week, my dad was away in New Jersey on business, and it was weird not having him around, probably because he does so much. All the rest of my family was around for that week. Yesterday, Labor Day 2010, my mom and i took my brother to school at Baltimore International College, where he'll be spending a lot of his time for the next year and a half. It's so close that he can come back home infrequently, but it's as though, til next week, we've just traded my dad for my brother.

Probably a loss that, more generally, you can relate to, i lost (for the moment) the higher-paying of my two part-time jobs. I hope they call me again for Christmas and New Years; that's really the big perk to having that job. But i do feel robbed, since i know they weren't going to call me (or the other people at the store with the same plight) to tell them they'd been suspended/let go/"separated".

and it's all very frustrating, but we can learn to trust God's grace more through offensive losses such as these.

No comments: